Friday, May 01, 2009

Feast of St. Joseph the Worker

Today is the feast of St. Joseph the Worker.  Personally, I'll be praying a little extra today to St. Joseph.  In the past, his intercession has been directly responsible for a job change that came with a nice pay raise, and separately, another pay raise.  Each of these times, our family was facing the prospect of our stay-at-home mom having to go back to work.  

I didn't often pray to the saints for intercession for specific things, but in these cases I did.  And St. Joseph answered!  Less than a month after my first "direct" ask of St. Joseph to intercede, I was offered a new position at work that cam with a 25% pay raise.  I wasn't looking for this job, I hadn't heard about it, it just fell in my lap!

St. Josephe was a wonderful Protector of the Holy Family, and he protects our families today.  I'd encourage anyone to make St. Joseph the patron saint of their career!  God Bless!

And thank you, St. Joseph!!

1 comment:

Olderdad said...

What a great idea. I am facing layoff and I will ask St Joseph to intercede. Joseph is my middle name too!